Samita's cookery corner

Top Food Blogs

Thursday 27 February 2014

NO BAKE WATERMELON CAKE

NO BAKE WATERMELON CAKE









Few days back my friend posted the pictures of this cake and I am posting the same pictures to show you all, but when I first saw this cake online, I was definitely hesitant that wheather I can actually create it. I thought about how to stick cream onto a wet surface as the watermelon would be juicy and the cream would start slipping.It was my first attempt and I made sure to do everything in order to make this cake successful –and it really was!The end result of this Watermelon cake was D-E-L-I-C-I-O-U-S!

This no bake cake requires almost no effort and looks fantastic.

Instructions :

1.Cut your watermelon based on the photo tutorial in the post.I cut the round ends off and carved the cake out of the heart of the watermelon like in picture.

2.Pat the watermelon down with wipes to dry it. Be sure your watermelon is nice and cold when you are frosting it. The whipped cream sticks nicely when it’s cold(you can use piping bag also to put cream on watermelon,next time i am thinking to use as it will be less messy).

3.Frost it with whipped cream (method to make whip cream is given below).

4.Add Almonds to the side.

5.Decorate the top with fresh fruit of your choice. I took raspberries and blueberries.

Oh and the cake held up nicely in the refrigerator overnight. When I sliced another piece there was a little bit of water at the bottom of the plate so next time I think I will lay down a paper towel under the watermelon on the plate before I decorate it and i am thinking to add vanilla icecream with toppings also next time. The whipped cream held up nicely overnight! For some reason I was thinking it would melt right off but it didn’t!

METHOD TO MAKE WHIP CREAM:

Chill mixing bowl before making whipped cream. Whipped cream melts when it gets warm.
large mixing bowl
hand blender
1 cup whipping cream
1 tablespoon sugar
1 teaspoon vanilla extract

Add all ingredients in a large mixing bowl and whisk on high until cream begins to thicken, about 2 minutes. Continue whisking on high until cream forms stiff peaks and thicken more.


No comments:

Post a Comment